When I was younger, traveling was like an aim for me to reach. I planned to have a trip every few years to escape from my boring and labored daily life. I saved for my travel budget for several months, and later I lived as an ascetic for months again to get a better financial balance.
Now, traveling is a kind of extension of my regular life; this is an understanding I learned after years experience of traveling. I work hard and enjoy my daily living when I am not on the way to somewhere. I realize the happiest things come from the most ordinary everyday life. When I travel, I mind about the trip partners who join the journey with me; the central concept of traveling is to share. When we have someone to share the emotion during the voyage, we appreciate every moment that we spend together. I do not argue about some little budget anymore, a cup of coffee, a meal, tickets for concert or exhibition are just the elements of every trip; all compose our memories, and it will last for our entire life.
I have more and more opportunities for traveling in recent years, no matter for business or private trips. It had always been a challenge to learn how to pack luggage efficiently. However, learning from packing, we survive anyhow.
Though, I know there are tons of people feel helpless about it.
First time I felt frustrated about packing luggage was several years ago when I first time joined the Fashion Week. All styling stuff filled my baggage. Not even to mention when I attended the Fashion Weeks in winter; it made me cry to think about all winter thick outdoor coats. I always had to make a choice which ones I packed.
For example, my ten-day German trip; how to pack wisely was an issue at the beginning. The real traveling period was eight days, clothes, shoes, beauty and makeup goods, also my laptop and electric stuff. Moreover, a thick jacket for Zugspitze was needed. (Well, I realized that my winter outdoor jacket was too warm for the mountain in the summer season. However, it was not a problem for me to pack the thick coat with me.)
Before I started to plan for my ten-day German trip, I received a cooperation request from WACU; they wish to have a campaign shooting for the products. After receiving WACÙ, the little machine and its accessories, I realized how it could help for my traveling and packing; I could pack almost all styling stuff that I wished; even the thick winter outdoor jacket. I am thrilled having WACÙ to prepare my luggage; think about my old packing time, it was just so distressed.
WACÙ is a vacuum to help us get more and bigger storage space, especially when we travel. The machine weighs only 431 grams; there are five design vacuum bags and each design has three different sizes; it satisfies all our needs and travel situations. After my ten-day German trip, the real using experience of WACÙ, I would like to share with you some of my tips that might help you for a better and faster luggage packing.
Fold the clothes as the vacuum bag size.
We hope to get more and bigger storage space through using WACÙ while traveling; which means, to use the same luggage but add more stuff. In a word, to thin a stack of clothes is the attraction.
I found out that to fold your clothes as the same size as the vacuum bag you pack is the smartest way. After the vacuum pump, the bag and the clothes will become one flat piece; it is easier to load the luggage. Otherwise, it would become a dumpling shape, thick in the middle and thin in the around; not an easy and efficient way to pack.
I know that some similar products have been existing for a long time; however, WACÙ is a smart and thoughtful design. It thinks about our needs and wishes. It is not difficult to reflect on how WACÙ can help us for packing; still, after experiencing it, I realized that a good design helps us to approve a better life.
Pack systematically, Set good dress plans.
Pack your luggage systematically according to your traveling concerns. The vacuum bags solve the problems :
- According to daily styling plan : No time and motion to style your daily look during the trip; for example, Fashion week? Pack your daily clothes in different bags, one look in a bag. And so on, a five days trip clothes in five bags, it is easy and definite what you pack.
- According to different items : During my ten-day German trip, I could not set up my daily styling plans. I could only prepare what I might need during the trip; so that I packed my clothes according to different items, thin jacks, trousers, T-Shirts and others in five bags. (Not even forget my winter jacket.)
Two ways of packing fit to all travelers; at the same time, it satisfied me about Well-Ordered.
Keep your clothes in sequence.
To have more space for packing is one of the advantages of WACÙ; the other one is to keep your clothes in sequence. Luggage could be transferred in all situation; when we open the luggage, all stuff gets orderless. The WACÙ bags make it different; things keep in form as how we pack it.
There are two methods how to keep clothes without creases from vacuum bags.
- Bump only 50% air out : If you do not have too many clothes for packing, then pump only a half amount of air out of the bag. It still keeps things in order and systematic and not creased from compression.
- Hang clothes that you would like to wear on the next day over the night : especially to hang the clothes in the bathroom after the shower; the steam will heat the garments and make it no crease.
Bring one to two more bags with you.
How about those dirty and wore stuff? I was thinking about the matter when I packed my luggage with WACÙ. Well, it is a good idea to bring one or two bags more with you. Fix all wore and dirty, unfresh clothes into the same bag after an overnight air-refresh step.
It is clean and fresh to separate those wore clothes; it is also convenient to fix all stuff after a trip.
I do enjoy the smart design of WACÙ and think it helps me to have an improved travel process. I asked WACÙ if they would like to host a giveaway to let my readers experience the product. So Yes! Let us take a look how to win one set of WACÙ.
- Three winners. Each winner will win a WACÙ machine that is including one pack of vacuum bag in a size as your wish (one pack has two bags).
- Must follow WACÙ on Facebook（wacuthinksmaller） and/or Instagram（wacu.thinksmaller）. This is a Must-Do.
- Visit WACÙ’s website, tell me your favorite bag design and leave a message about your next travel destination. For example, “I like the Traveller bag design in size S; I wish to bring WACÙ with me to Tokyo, Japan in August.”
- This giveaway opens to all readers internationally; no matter where the winners live, WACÙ will let you experience how amazing it is.
- The giveaway ends on 25th of June, Sunday, 23:59 in German time zone. I will announce three winners on 26th of June through applying messages on the blog and contact three winners via emails.
We might not go traveling so often; however, we shall pack our luggage in the smartest and smallest way each time when we hit the road. I have never been a good reader of any User’s Manual; though WACÙ is easy to operate and carry. Do not miss the giveaway to win one WACÙ for your next trip. Moreover, the fastest way is to purchase a WACÙ for your next trip.
Log-on Store List
- Times Square
Basement 1, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Harbour City
Shop 3202, Level 3, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City,
- Festival Walk
Unit 01, UG Level, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
- City Plaza
Shop 260-261, Phase 2, Cityplaza,18 Taikoo Shing Road, Tai Koo
HMV Store List
- Mong Kok The FOREST (Store 09)
Shop 204 – 206, 2/F., The Forest, 17 Nelson Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
- iSquare Store
Shop UG 06, iSquare, 63 Nathan Road, Tsim sha tsui, Kowloon
- Central Store
Basement Floor, Manning House, 48 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
- HKTV mall : https://goo.gl/Eu6ogz
Fanning Tseng is the editor behind the lifestyle website Yes! Please Enjoy which was founded in 2012. After living in Germany, she re-experiences about her growth. Fanning is now working as a photographer and a blogger; moreover, she is also a columnist of online magazines in Taiwan.
Yes! Please Enjoy is not only a destination for a better living encourage but also as a guide for those who are searching for travel advice or lifestyle inspiration.