We had been just back from our Road Trip at the beginning of September, at this moment, we planned our traveling schedule until February 2018. I enjoy mostly the lifestyle we have; feel exciting to all new journeys and experiences. My teacher in the university told us, the real design is developed from traveling. So true. New surrounding, people and view bring a new version to us, we step out from our daily routine and get inspired. However, to be honest, it was sometimes tired from packing and unpacking, fixing all stuff; it was the worst part of traveling.
During the past months, I have shared with you this packing vacuum machine; I have received some messages about where to purchase; if it is easy to handle and operate. Moreover, questions about how to style and pack for trips. In this article, I would like to share with you some ideas that I have learned from my travel experiences; so that you can pack your luggage easily for the next trip.
How To Style and Pack for Trips
- Set up dress codes : where we travel, when it starts, what to visit and so on are all we care about before we begin our journey. Do not forget to use the information that you search to set up a dress code for this trip. Urban style, casual, luxury or others; depending on your destination, you should give a form to it. For example, I had a dress code “romantic” for my summer road trip that was depending on some hashtags like, #summer, #beach and #roadtrip. It was a great decision that I dressed in a different style that I usually do not wear. It is important to arrange a dress code for your trips, and then it is easy to pack proper items into your luggage without any doubt.
- Mix and Match : I usually wear basic style tops, but mix and match the simple tops with different coats, jackets, trousers or shoes to have many different styles with limited items. And the idea works the same for our travel styling. For example, when I go seven-day traveling (not in winter), I usually pack four tops, a long-sleeved shirt, two think jackets, four trousers and three pairs of shoes; with this stuff, I can get more than seven looks. By this way, you do not have to worry about your social media sharing; you will always look fabulous.
- Let WACÙ helps you for packing : The packing vacuum machine might be familiar to many of you through my introducing in the past months. I also realized from using it how important it is to pack your luggage properly. I shared with you that there are two ways to use the vacuum bags thoughtfully. One is to pack your clothes categorically, let T-Shirts, trousers or jackets are packed in bags individually. The second way is to pack your looks separately; so it will be easier to look for what to put on. WACÙ might not help to reduce the weight of your luggage; however, it helps a lot to pack conveniently and systematically. Especially for businesspeople, families with kids, or fashion bloggers who always need many clothes during traveling. On the other side, WACÙ helps for traveling not taking flys as our road trip, without WACÙ, we could not move from one hotel to another during three weeks easily.
Fold clothes as the vacuum bag size, and fix them as flat as possible.
Fix the clothes with your hand and make them in sequence for packing.
Make sure that you close the vacuum bags exactly.
WACÙ is small. However, it is power. It takes just some seconds to vacuum the air out of a bag in size small. If you fix your clothes well, it might even shorten the time. From my experience, I like to keep around 10% air in the bag to keep the bag a bit soft; it is easier to pack all bags in the luggage.
I use to hang all clothes in the closet if I stay in a hotel more than two nights. First, is to keep clothes without creases from vacuum bags; second, it is simpler to see what you have for dressing.
When I checked in to the Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel Starnberg for a commercial shooting, I packed six looks and five pairs of shoes for the project. Although it was not a real traveling; however, I followed the idea to give it a dress code and packed my stuff. Moreover, let WACÙ helps me for organizing. There is one more tip for you, for traveling, I always take one to two vacuum bags with me; for dirty and dressed clothes, or in case go shopping and get new clothes.
這次到Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel Starnberg進行拍攝時，以一個中款尺寸的行李箱共打包了五套造型、五雙鞋子以及其他所需的拍攝配件。雖然是工作，不過也的確符合了每一趟外出旅行時的打包原則：先確定穿著主題，再以符合這個風格的原則打包單品，好好利用WACÙ所帶來的便利性加以分類打包；最後也別忘了多帶一到兩個真空袋放置換洗衣物、以及路途上新購買的戰利品呢。
We hope to have much fun as possible as we can; however, we wish to carry luggage as less as possible. Still, we would like to wear beautiful clothes as we bring the whole closet with us. As you plan your trips thoughtfully, for sightseeing, for restaurants or others; do not forget yourself and your looks. The memories include everything.
Log-on Store List
- Times SquareBasement 1, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Harbour CityShop 3202, Level 3, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City,Kowloon
- Festival WalkUnit 01, UG Level, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
- City PlazaShop 260-261, Phase 2, Cityplaza,18 Taikoo Shing Road, Tai Koo
HMV Store List
- Mong Kok The FOREST (Store 09)Shop 204 – 206, 2/F., The Forest, 17 Nelson Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
- iSquare StoreShop UG 06, iSquare, 63 Nathan Road, Tsimsha tsui, Kowloon
- Central StoreBasement Floor, Manning House, 48 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
- HKTV Mall :https://goo.gl/Eu6ogz
In collaboration with WACÙ; the images are taken with Olympus Pen-F 45mm 1:1.8; the location was in the Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel Starnberg.
Fanning Tseng is the editor of the lifestyle website Yes! Please Enjoy which was founded in 2012. After living in Germany, she re-experiences about her growth. Fanning is now working as a photographer and a blogger; moreover, she is also a columnist for online magazines in Taiwan.
Yes! Please Enjoy is not only a destination for a better living encourage but also as a guide for those who are searching for travel advice or lifestyle inspiration. Get better informed by subscribing our Newsletter. Moreover, let’s stay connected on Instagram or Facebook.