It was around eight months ago that I saw one of my favorite bloggers who has started to use Olympus PEN-F. I checked every image she uploaded that were including this camera. Moreover, I went to camera stores and tried it for several times.
Its vintage and classic design caught my attention at first sight. This camera has a fine quality, yet it is convenient to carry due to its compact size. The combination of black and silver just adds an elegant touch to it. I have two professional cameras in my hands, if I plan to get a new one, it must be easy to carry and smart to operate that I can move without effort in cities. Below, I just made a video to show you how Olympus PEN-F in real, you will see the quality I mentioned.
差不多八個月前，在社群媒體上看到了我喜愛的亞裔歐洲部落客開始使用Olympus PEN-F這台相機；清楚知道型號是因為我病態地連續追蹤照片，下載並放大影像好看清楚品牌與型號， 從那之後一顆心便懸著，連續走訪了幾次相機專賣店，就為了將這款機身捧在手中。
Before I talk about this camera, I would like to share with you a concept about photography. I take many pictures every day because of blogging; it is about more than hundred images a day. Therefore, I can develop a sense of photography in a short time. Gradually, people notice my photos, and then photography becomes part of my career.
I receive messages almost every day asking about how to shoot photos and what cameras to buy; I answer the questions one after another. It is not because of I have nothing to do, but I appreciate that I can help others with things I love. Most questions are : How to make good sense photos? Which camera to buy for a novice? What camera to choose for upgrading?
- Tips making beautiful photos : The first step is to imitate. Select one or more photographers you like, and study their images; how to arrange the composition and lights, and then follow the way they do. However, the key point is to make photos as many as possible. Focus on some issues and then shoot pictures every day. I always carry a camera with me to anywhere; you never expect what will jump to the front of your eyes.
- How to choose a camera for beginners : I started my journey of photography with a little digital camera. People sometimes think that expensive cameras help to make excellent photos. Is it true? No! Professional photographers use top quality equipment for their needs; however, it is a useful way to train your shooting skills with little cameras. The point is your taste, not the equipment. It is important to purchase cameras depends on your budget and experiences. People ask, what label to choose? After several years of photography, and using many different brands, I think it depends on your necessities. For example, look for a good-looking camera? Or focus on video filming? Or other functions?
- Upgrade to a new camera : After a period of shooting, your desire looks for something fresh and exciting to chase more possibilities. Or a similar reason to mine, I collect nice cameras. Within five years, I have collected and exchanged eight different cameras from different brands; to the end, the only season is, oh, this camera looks interesting, and I would like to try it. Well, if you are advanced and have some experiences, feel free to take any one you like and not to stick to any big brands that you think you should.
- 該如何訓練拍照技巧？ 第一步是模仿，找一位（或多位）欣賞的攝影師，仔細研究他們構圖與光影的安排，然後以類似的手法拍照。接著，大量拍照才是關鍵，設定拍攝主題，每天持續地拿相機（手機）、按快門，保持手感是非常重要的一件事。另外，總是帶著相機出門也是我的習慣，隨手拍，總是有意想不到的故事情節與畫面可以捕捉，不僅可以拍到無法預料的照片，也可以訓練臨場反應。
To choose a camera is not easier than to pick a lover; first of all, how it looks like is an important point. However, a better and more straightforward operation interface helps you to get into the mood. In this article, you will not see any data that might confuse you. Instead of all numbers, let us focus on the sense.
Besides its general functions, there are three points that I enjoy.
- Pretty details. In Taiwan, you can purchase additionally three little subtle screws to decorate the shutter button. It adds a beautiful touch to the camera. Moreover, there is a leather case to complete the style. An advantage for me to use the case is that I do not like a camera belt, so this case helps me to carry the camera easily.
- Four filters button. There are four filters to select for different taste, MONO, COLOR, ART and CRT. It is easier to shoot with your favorite filter to save the time of editing. Moreover, use the application of “OLYMPUS Image Share” to connect to your mobile to upload beautiful images to your social media accounts directly.
- Touch screen for focusing and shooting. The function is just fantastic, turn on the action and just tap on a point where you want to focus on the screen, and then a photo will be taken in a second. Making pictures without any mistake is simple. Next time, you can ask your friends or partners to shoot photos for you; and I am sure that you will be satisfied with the result (because anyone can do it without fail). Moreover, it is a perfect function for traveling; it is fast to shoot images. You never know what comes to you in the next second.
- 第二：相機鏡頭旁的四款濾鏡模式旋轉鈕；除了中間正常值設定外，分享是MONO、COLOR、ART、CRT，直接在拍攝時以自己喜歡的濾鏡模式擷取影像，對於一般使用者來說可以省下再次編輯相片的時間，直接利用OLYMPUS Image Share（MAC以及Android兩大系統）行動裝置應用程式，即時上傳以相機拍攝的精美影像到社群媒體分享。
Olympus PEN F E-PL8 takes all images above.
Below, some pictures are taken by Olympus PEN, together with the object of 45mm 1:1.8.
More photos, I will share with you in the next articles.
以上所有影像皆以 Olympus PEN F E-PL8 相機所拍攝；
接下來提供幾張由Olympus PEN-F 機身搭配45mm 1:1.8定焦鏡拍攝的照片。
More than two weeks of using OLYMPUS PEN-F, I think it is a perfect camera for a city lifestyle. It makes fun to shoot photos. OLYMPUS PEN-F is a proper camera for men or women.
One news I would like to share with you, through another photographer who is also a fan of OLYMPUS cameras, he introduced me to join the OLYMPUS photographer project. The official OLYMPUS account will share my images on their website. Moreover, at the end of 2017, I will participate in a exhibition that they host for OLYMPUS fans. I am thrilled about it.
I edited all images with Lightroom, not only about the exposure or the contrast but also my personal emotion.
Fanning Tseng is the editor behind the lifestyle website Yes! Please Enjoy which was founded in 2012. After living in Germany, she re-experiences about her growth. Fanning is now working as a photographer and a blogger; moreover, she is also a columnist of online magazines in Taiwan.
Yes! Please Enjoy is not only a destination for a better living encourage but also as a guide for those who are searching for travel advice or lifestyle inspiration.